Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Artist Profile: Nikki Heidemann

1. Where are you from originally?
New Jersey...Atlantic City

2. Where do you get your creative inspiration?
Honestly it comes to me when I'm sleeping. In dreams

3. How long have you been dancing?
Since I was 6, sooo...22 years.

4. Do you have a favorite type of dance you enjoy? What about a favorite type of music?
My favorite type is hip-hop & lyrical. I love all music, classical to country, rap to 80's rock! :)

5. Who are your creative mentors?
Oh brother...um, Jesus! It used to be my dance teachers, but when I stopped taking classes I really had to rely on God.

6. What do you enjoy doing when you're not dancing?
Reading, scrap-booking, hanging with friends, throwing parties

7. Would you say your environment (where you live, work, play) influences your creative process? If so, how?
Not really. Like I said most of the time I dream up the choreography while I'm sleeping.

8. What does your creative process entail?
Sleep...:)

9. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Oh goodness. I would have to say wherever it is, it will be where God wants me to be...