Friday, July 17, 2009

Local Flavor: The Nehemian

Over the last year of living in Idaho I have heard a variety of people mention The Nehemian. Located just outside of Buhl, The Nehemian is a barn full of wonderment and fanciful curiosities that you must go see. Owned and managed by local creative, Nancy Tyrrell, you can find anything from antiques & custom frames to beautifully repurposed, handmade and refurbished items. Nancy graciously agreed to show me around and I can't help but to share some of what I saw.



The lovely barn...





The eclectic feel:



A repurposed door...



Hand painted luggage tags:



The most creative use of chain & pully I have ever seen:



Stained glass windows & old vintage bottles:


Nancy's also graciously gave me a tour of her lovely craftsman style home bursting at the seams with her own unique touches. Perhaps next time I'm out for a visit she will let me snap a few photos of her brilliant use of repurposed materials...stay tuned.

1 comment:

Michelle C said...

So glad you discovered Nancy and The Nehemian. Nancy is wonderful and generous and does a fabulous job on framing and matting as I can atest. I can recommend her wholeheartedly. And she discovers the most wonderful uses for items.